Bi-Monthly Sew-In for Infant Burial Gowns
You’re invited to volunteer alongside our sewing team. We gather bi-monthly to support each other in the creation of our infant burial gowns and garments. Spend the morning with this amazing group of volunteers and see what you can do!
- No sewing experience required.
- Most supplies provided (but, if you have your own sewing machine, serger, serger, fabric scissors, and crochet supplies, please bring them).
- We will teach you how to cut patterns and how to deconstruct and process a donated wedding gown.
- Make Baby & Me bracelets for bereaved parents. This is a great opportunity for kids to volunteer (with an adult). Supplies are provided; small beads are a choking hazard. Age 8 & up.
- Volunteer for Clean Up to load supplies, vacuum, and clean up the space when we’re done.
NEW! Sign up your group to join us and manage your own invites!
Bring your own snacks or lunch to enjoy while you work.
Thank you for your time and skills to support bereaved families across the 757 (Hampton Roads) and beyond.
Volunteer Hours: 1-4 hours
Please get a RSVP ticket for each person attending. It will be used for quick and easy check-in when you arrive.
If you would like to officially volunteer on the sewing team, apply online any time.